Friday 12 October 2012

TheOne N8 CFW - translation releases

Instructions

1. Just get the download from TheOne as always
2. get the translated files from me in your language
3. exchange the files you got from me with the original ones (rofs3 & uda, except in chinese versions --> rofs2 & uda)


Features

- all needed translation files
   (i had to convert some Russian files into Kazakh, because they are not available from Nokia original fw's, so some things could still be Russian there)
- if TTS (text to speech) is available for your language, then it is included
- all translated Rofs2 have English & your language
    (so if you need to follow English tutorials, then you know where to go)
- all writing and keyboard files
- all dialer files
- all chinese keyboard files tested and working

Known Bugs

- Third party Applications, for example: ROM patcher+, are not translated

Downloads

•   02 french - Français
•   03 german - auf deutsch
•   04 spanish - espanól
•   05 italian - italiano
•   06 swedish - på svenska

•   07 danish - på dansk
•   08 norwegian - i norske
•   09 finnish - Suomeksi
•   10 american english
•   13 portugese - português

•  14 turkish - Türkçe olarak
•   15 icelandic - á íslensku
•   16 russian - на русском языке
•   17 hungarian - magyar
•   18 dutch - in het Nederlands

•   25 czech - na český
•   26 slowak - na slovenskom
•   27 polish - w języku polskim
•   28 slovenian - v slovenskih
•   29 taiwan chinese

•   31 chinese - 在中國 - 在中国
•   33 thai - ในภาษาไทย
•   37 arabic - باللغة العربية
•   39 tagalog - sa tagalog
•   42 bulgarian - на български


•   44 catalaan
  •   45 croatian - na hrvatskom jeziku
•   49 estonian - Eesti
•   50 farsi / persian - به زبان فارسی
•   54 greek - στην ελληνική γλώσσα
•   57 hebrew - ב עברית - FOR NOW ONLY WRITING LANGUAGE AND COMPATIBLE FONT
        - until I get the rest of the translation worked out... if my plan works at all


•   63 kazakh
•   67 latvian - latviešu valodā
•   68  lithunian - iš Lietuvos
•   76 brazilian portugese - em Português do Brasil
•   78 romanian - în limba română

•   79 serbian - na srpskom
•   83 latin american spanish -  latinoamericanos español
•   93 ukrainian - українською мовою
•   94 urdu - اردو میں
•   96 vietnamese - bằng tiếng Viet

•   326 malaysian - di Malaysia
•   327 indonesian - di Indonesia


More Information

- More than one extra language sets --> ONLY on request

- other rarely used languages, such as galician, catalan, basque, canadian french, chinglish & taiwan english --> ONLY on request

58 comments:

  1. like....
    But Hebrew please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pls add tamil,malyalam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these are all available languages for Symbian Belle refresh... sorry
      if you know a firmware of Symbian Belle refresh that supports this language, then I will be happy to make it

      Delete
  3. thanks freaxs_r_us :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. win i drag & drop french than arbic in rofs 2, i havn't arabic keybord?

    ReplyDelete
  5. please make me french&arabic rofs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hebrew please !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. added German & Greek on request

    ReplyDelete
  8. added Arabic & French set by request

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi freaxs_r_us,

    what else than maps does your uda file contain? I would like to use Daniel's uda file without maps. Will i miss any german translations if i do so?

    Best regards

    simonx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will miss out pretty much
      I'll make a German translated uda without maps

      Delete
  10. thank u brother

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, first of all, great job on the translating. I flashed v 5.5 with the chinese language. If i'm not mistaken, all i had to do was change the rofs 2 and the uda in the original package with the rofs2 and uda in the china language folder. I flashed it twice, both times ending with the chinese t9 keyboard not working. instead of letters, when i press on abc, it yields 1. def yields 2 and so on. no words come out. can you check it out? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird, because I already fixed that issue in my translation thread and used those files for translating the cfw

      hmmm... I'll check and report back a.s.a.p.(this afternoon = in 6 hours)

      Delete
  12. Wow! Great to know there's ongoing development!!
    can I know if it works in my case. I needed an English CFW, but with ability to read and write in Chinese (for SMS). I do not need full translation of the system in Chinese, just for reading and typing messages.
    How do I go about it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know the font has been modded for ability for all characters

      about the Chinese writing issue I fixed, I am not sure right now what I had fixed...either the translation file our the writing file

      I'll get back to you this afternoon and tell you how to do it and provide the files

      on daily mobile in the refresh translation thread or my all writing files thread you can find a Chinese user saying that the fix I made works

      but I am at work right now, so I can't look right now

      Delete
    2. Good to know.. Reading and writing in chinese will be a plus! If it works for chinese, i think the same will be for jap, korean, etc (other character based letters).
      Do i cook them with the NokiaCooker as stated in TheOne's HowTo page?

      Delete
  13. Fixed the chinese set...
    not sure if it works though, as I gave my N8 to a friend for a week

    It should though, as I took the files from my thread on Dailymobile, in which a user already confirmed that the keyboard problem was fixed...

    if it doesn't work, then I guess.. "its back to the drawing board" :(

    P.S. 256 translated versions downloaded by today
    Top of the User list: Germany, followed by Dutch, Indonesia and Spanish (in that order)
    Keep it up guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the speedy reply and inquiry. :D ill check it out when i get back. I just have a question, will it work with version 5.3 or any other previous v 5.x? The sound level is too high coming from the earphones

      Delete
  14. Can I get it in catalan? Catalan language is included in Belle OFW.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, but I would have to make the whole language first...
      which languages would you want in the firmware then? I would guess spanish and catalan, right?

      Delete
    2. catalan is almost ready... but now I am dead beat... do the rest tomorrow morning

      Delete
  15. Catalan will be enough, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Update:

    added Arabic & Italian version on request

    ReplyDelete
  17. update:

    added catalaan on request

    ReplyDelete
  18. p.s. 311 translated versions downloaded to today

    ReplyDelete
  19. i want Hebrew please thanx :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Update: fixed the bugs in arabic firmwares

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello

    Could you do French&German

    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I donwloaded finnish lanquage files and replaced original ones with your files but when i start typing text messages i don't have Ö,Ä and Å. what should i do? thx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check the files tomorrow to see what the problem is

      Delete
    2. did you check the language settings on your phone?
      are you using the correct keyboard?

      Delete
    3. only option in writing language seems to be english. my phone language is set to finnish and everything else is finnish but when u start writing something with qwerty keyboard then i don't have åäö. but when using alphanumberic keyboard then i have åäö.
      And sorry for bad english :)

      Delete
    4. Did you figure out why there is no åäö in qwerty keyboard?

      Delete
    5. sorry, didn't have time yet, and even if I had time, i wouldn't have been able to upload it, because my internet is down

      Delete
    6. Now it's working. something went wrong when flashing my phone.

      Delete
    7. I have this problem too... Can't get it to work properly.

      Delete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, freaxs_r_us
    it's will be Joyful if you translate this awesome CFW to Hebrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will try. Starting next week i have more time, so i can sort out tge working old hebrew files drom the non working ones. which means i have to test and flash my N8 approximately 100x

      Delete
  25. You r the ONE, thank you and good work

    ReplyDelete
  26. can u make Nepali-English language pack for N8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which language would that be? I have no nepali resources...so i must say no I can not

      Delete
  27. Sorry for the delay... I asked you for catalan some weeks ago.
    It worked fine on my N8.
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi brother,

    One week ago I flashed my old little brother's N8 with TheOne CFW 5.5.0, and I used your full translation language for LTA Spanish (83). All went fine but the vertical qwerty, it does'n open, but if I change language to english it works.
    I use your full translation on my 808 (since Fp1) and no problem with that (or with anything =D )

    Can you please take a look? Thank you very much in advance.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi freaxs_r_us - good job!

    I'm soo hoping for the hebrew translation!

    Thanks, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi!

    Do u know when Hebrew Translation will ready?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://theonecfw.blogspot.de/2012/10/first-set-of-hebrew-with-only-minor-bugs.html

      try this set here, it is almost perfect

      Delete
    2. http://theonecfw.blogspot.de/2012/10/first-set-of-hebrew-with-only-minor-bugs.html

      try this set here, it is almost perfect

      Delete